Sudan invites tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation venture

The authorities of Sudan has launched tender seeking consultants to help within the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture involves set up of 1,one hundred seventy solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision providers, design of solar water pumping methods, in accordance with the requirements of each farm.
The companies may also provide help to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the installation and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The corporations will also help the challenge implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to guarantee that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specs. The consultants may even participate within the construction actions and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping systems
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps will be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is mostly experienced due to the arid climate and climate change, with a negative influence on agricultural yields, in accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to meals security, the venture goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human health and the setting. Interested firms have until September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million mortgage from the African Development Bank (AfDB). เกจ์วัดแรงดันน้ำ remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment signifies that the installation of the photo voltaic pumps shall be completed by December 31st, 2025.

Scroll to Top